About The Law Office of E. Barney Gesas PLLC
I represent individuals and businesses throughout the Western United States. I offer assistance in a range of intersecting legal areas, from real estate matters and regulatory issues to commercial litigation, complex civil litigation and appeals.
I communicate clearly and frequently with my clients so they are always in a position to make informed and timely decisions as their legal matters move forward.
To read more about my specific background and experience, click on the link below:
More Than Four Decades Of Experience
Over the course of more than 45 years, I have built a long and successful record representing individuals and businesses in Utah and throughout the United States. A selection the matters I have worked on include:
- Lead counsel for eight years for plaintiffs in The Salt Lake Tribune litigation pending in the United States District Court for the District of Utah and the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals, representing the McCarthey Family in a high profile and complex case involving the ownership of Utah’s largest general circulation newspaper
- Outside regional counsel for Honda North America and related entities, supervising and managing trial counsel and national products liability law firms in prosecution and defense of Honda’s ATV product liability and mass tort litigation in over 100 active cases throughout 11 western states
- Outside regional counsel for Westinghouse Electric Corporation and CBS Corporation, supervising and managing trial counsel and national products liability law firms in a national coordinated joint defense of asbestos and mesothelioma of thousands of mass tort claims’ cases throughout the United States
- Joint defense counsel for Westinghouse Electric Corporation’s credit and finance division in the matter of the United States District Court Bankruptcy Trustee for Bonneville Pacific Corporation, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, et al., involving multiple individuals, local, regional and national law firms and corporate defendants in one of Utah’s largest civil financial fraud, RICO and business torts cases involving claims in excess of $100 million
- Joint defense counsel for high-profile CEO of Utah publicly traded medical products company, medical doctor, engineer, Ph.D., inventor and patent holder of several cutting-edge medical and pharmaceutical products in multi-count federal grand jury indictment for securities fraud insider trading and income tax evasion. Trial defense resulted in acquittal of all criminal charges
- Special Assistant Attorney General on behalf of the Utah Department of Transportation in condemnation action involving highway right of way acquisition and severance damage issues involving claims in excess of $20 million
- Special counsel to the Utah State Bar in disciplinary proceedings
- Outside special counsel to the Town of Alta, Utah, in various land use and zoning development matters impacting the preservation of Salt Lake City’s primary watershed
- Represented public utility customer class action groups in challenging predatory and discriminatory rate practices and procedures of Utah’s three major utilities including natural gas, telephone, and electrical
- Utah State Bar Ethics and Disciplinary Committee
- Utah State Bar Examinations Committee
- Utah State Bar Judges and Courts Committee
- Utah State Bar Long Range Planning Committee
When necessary, my firm has relationships with litigation boutiques and firms in Salt Lake. Absent conflicts, we work together on cases. These arrangements are dependent upon the case.
Still Have Questions? Call My Office.
From my office in Salt Lake City, I represent individuals and businesses throughout Utah, the Intermountain West and elsewhere in the United States. Flexible payment options are available, including blended rate and fixed hourly rate plans.