Experienced Protection Of Your Business Interests
From internal quarrels with partners to external conflicts with customers, business disputes are disruptive and costly. The temptation to resolve it yourself or let it play out can backfire, escalating the dispute or limiting your options.
My firm, The Law Office of E. Barney Gesas PLLC, offers proven advocacy in business litigation. The experience I’ve gained in more than 45 years in practice enables me to troubleshoot your conflict and pursue your goals in a strategic and cost-efficient manner. I have prevailed in complex litigation for commercial clients across Utah and the western United States.
More Than Four Decades In Complex Business Litigation
I have litigated a wide range of business and commercial matters, as plaintiff and defense counsel for:
- Breach of contract in sale or purchase of a business
- Contractual disputes with customers or suppliers
- UCC (Uniform Commercial Code) disputes
- Partnership and shareholder disputes
- Business dissolution and buyouts
- Commercial lease litigation
- Commercial construction, development and land use
- Tortious interference and unfair competition
- Noncompete or nondisclosure agreements
- Product liability and other mass torts
- Regulatory violations and compliance
- White collar crime defense of owners and executives
I am AV-rated* through Martindale-Hubbell, and I have been honored with a Tier 1 ranking by U.S. News and The Best Lawyers In America in the field of commercial litigation. My litigation and appellate experience include numerous multimillion-dollar cases before state and federal courts in the Intermountain West, including the Utah Court of Appeals.
Experience Matters In Business And Commercial Disputes
Disputes bringing litigation are always an expensive distraction from your company’s goals and success; you need swift and knowledgeable analysis and a viable plan of action. I work on retainer, at a fixed hourly rate, or a blended plan, and I provide flexible payment options.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories — legal ability and general ethical standards.